Telegram group chats are extremely powerful and can have up to 200,000 members. They have a built-in search option that allows members to find the messages they need instantly. Administrators are the ones who manage group chats. They can pin messages on the top of the group so that they remain visible to all members, which can be extremely useful when posting important information that you don't want to be lost among other messages. Administrators can also delete messages, manage the permissions of other members, and more.
Channels are another great broadcasting tool that Telegram can offer, although they are quite different from group chats. Only administrators can post to Telegram channels, unlike groups where everyone is free to express themselves. Channels can have an unlimited number of members, making them a great way to send notifications or news to a large audience. Think of Telegram channels as a kind of blog. To enhance this feeling, Telegram also introduced native comments under the channels posts. Each message posted in a Telegram channel is sent on behalf of the channel itself helping the author to remain anonymous, although these messages can be "signed" to include the name of the author under the posts.
To take full advantage of Telegram groups and channels, add additional administrators and manage these chats together as a team. Fortunately, this is an easy thing to do. The steps for both groups and channels are almost identical.
1. Open Telegram and select your group. Tap on the photo at the top of the screen.
2. Click on the circular pencil to edit it. It should be in the top-right corner.
3. Select "Administrators" from the menu.
4. A list with all the administrators of this chat will appear on your screen. There should be a button named "Add Admin" at the top of the list. Click on it.
5. Select a member to whom you want to give administrator rights. In case you are using TGmembership, choose your bot. For large groups, with lots of members, it can be useful to use the search option.
6. Choose the rights that the new administrator will have. If this is TGmembership bot, set as an absolute minimum "Invite Users via Link" (used to add members after paying for a membership) and "Ban Users" (to get them out of the chat if they don't renew their memberships).
7. A check mark should appear at the top right corner of your screen. Click on it to save the changes.
That is all! The new administrator is ready to take on his role. If this is a TGmembership bot, then it is ready to take control of your paid memberships. Keep in mind that if you have more than one chat that you want this bot to manage, you will have to repeat the same procedure for each chat separately.